Saturday, April 25, 2009

Apples at the Top

I found this concrete poem on my friend Alex's myspace a long time ago. She no longer has it on her profile but I thought I would share this with you. Because I think this poem rings the truth. Sometimes I believe that men love easy woman but they don't respect them. They deal with these women because they don't want to higher their expectations. At least with a girl who is easy they can cheat on them and not have any attachment to them. 

But with a wonderful girl that has a heart and soul and doesn't give themselves away so easily. They have to be careful, loyal, attached, and remember sweet moments like the first date. They have to actually give their hearts to these wonderful good apples, knowing that 50% of the time it will be returned shattered and broken. But I think men have to understand that a woman can go through the same thing. She can go out with anyone that has a pulse and doesn't care who she makes love to. But I believe that the real similarity lies in the fear of being hurt, falling off of the apple tree. 

I just wish that the good apples wouldn't put themselves down. Thinking that no one wants them and that they are not attractive to the male species. These girls need to learn the truth and ride through life like the princesses they are. And wait for the brave prince just like the poem says at the end. 

LOVE MIGHT BE A MISTAKE BUT IT IS WORTH MAKING. 
SO DON'T BE AFRAID OF CLIMBING TO THE TOP OF THE APPLE TREE 
AND GETTING THE APPLES AT THE TOP. 

No comments:

Post a Comment