Sunday, April 12, 2009

Standing In The Rain

[Picture Not Taken From the mountain]

I prefer rainy days over sunny days but today I wish it did not rain. As my mother and I went into the woods my shoes and pants was caked in mud. Plus we had to lug around umbrellas. Anyway at least the rain socked my socks enough to where my scabs disappeared. So as we got into the mountain there was a pond that was filled with frogs. We didn't get to see the frogs but we heard the frogs seeing their song. Then as we went further into the mountain we saw a lot of dead trees, tall tress, and stumps. I felt so small standing next to these trees! Especially since I am so short to start with! I am 5 feet 2. In one of the trees there were a lot of holes! I believe that it was either a wood pecker or some other kind of bird. The wood chips at the bottom of the tree looked like a beaver dug the whole in the tree but the tree was so high up and there were no dams anywhere in sight. 
[Picture Not Taken from Mountain]

Then there was a lot of lakes, waterfalls, and bridges. The waterfalls were not huge but it flowed and it sounded so fierce. I wish that I could have stepped into it bare foot. I have not been in the water swimming forever. I really hope that when I put all of this down on paper that I will be able to connect nature to my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment